Your Feedback is Appreciated
Yellow Squash and Leek Soup
This low-carb yellow squash and leek soup are creamy, flavorful, and packed with nutrition. Made with tender squash, savory leeks, and a blend of aromatic spices, it's perfect for a light lunch or a comforting dinner. Using unsweetened almond milk instead of traditional dairy milk makes this soup low in carbs while maintaining its creaminess and richness. So, grab your ingredients and prepare to make a bowl of deliciousness that's healthy and satisfying!
• Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped green onions or fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
• For a heartier meal, serve the soup with a side of crusty bread or crackers.
• This soup also pairs well with a simple green salad or roasted vegetables.
• To make this recipe even easier, you can prep the vegetables in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
• Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, or frozen for longer storage. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove for a quick and easy meal.
6 medium yellow squash, chopped
2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
3 cups unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley or chives, for garnish (optional)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks, onion, and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped yellow squash and spices to the pot and sauté for another 5-7 minutes, until the squash starts to soften.
3. Pour in the almond milk and bring the soup to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley or chives if desired.
LEAVE A COMMENT
98% would recommend