Your Feedback is Appreciated
Mushroom, Arugula, and Queso Fresco Omelette
This Mushroom, Arugula, and Queso Fresco Omelet is an ideal option for a nutritious breakfast or brunch. To enhance its nutritional content, consider pairing it with a side of sliced tomatoes or a small mixed greens salad. Enjoy it with a herbal tea or a glass of water infused with a slice of lemon for a refreshing and hydrating experience.
- 3 large eggs (organic recommended)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (organic recommended)
- 1 cup fresh arugula (organic recommended)
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until they release their moisture and turn golden brown. Remove the mushrooms from the skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the fresh arugula and sauté briefly until wilted. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
5. Reduce the heat to low and pour the whisked eggs into the skillet. Allow them to cook undisturbed for a minute.
6. Once the edges of the omelette start to set, sprinkle the sautéed mushrooms, arugula, and crumbled queso fresco over one half of the omelet.
7. Carefully fold the other half of the omelet over the filling, creating a half-moon shape.
8. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the omelette is fully cooked but still slightly moist on the inside.
9. Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately. Garnish with additional queso fresco if desired.
LEAVE A COMMENT
98% would recommend